In my opinion Nelson Searcy is 3 for 3 in his books. I was super excited to read this book Activate An Entirely New Approach to Small Groups because of the recent success in implementing a number of ideas presented by Searcy in his first two books Launch and Fusion. My hope was to gain some practical and applicable ideas for implementing small groups. That is exactly what I found. Searcy proposes a simple system that can easily be implemented by us at thebridge. Below are some of the key take aways.
- Shoot for 12-15 in a small group not 5-7
- Line your small groups up with the natural rhythms of life
- Use the four F’s to maximize on your small groups
- Focus – This is all of the ground work to your small groups
- Form – This is identifying the details of the small groups
- Fill – This is the sign up portion of small groups
- Facilitate – This is the on going monitoring of the small groups
- Most churches fail in small groups because they self compete with other ministries
I’m so pumped about our Fall small groups that I almost want to jump over the entire summer to get them going. If you would like more details on how we will be implementing small groups let me know. If you are looking to create your own process I highly recommend this book.