Erwin McManus is unbelievable. I continually find myself motivated, energized, and full of big dreams after reading his books. Wide Awake is no exception. This book not only personally inspiring to me but it also captured a lot of the thoughts I had been kicking around for our October series at thebridge. It didn’t take long for me to realize that this is the perfect title for that series. Although I’ll be going a little different direction than the book I will joyfully use some of the language found in the chapter titles.
A sampling of the things that got me pumped:
- You are more adaptable when you have clarity about who you are and why you are here.
- Why does the word confidence in the context of spirituality seem wrong?
- What are you willing to give up for the opportunity to be a part of something bigger?
- Success isn’t gained by talent alone.
- Quote from The Patriot, “I have done nothing. And for that I am ashamed.”
- Quote, “When your dreams include the good of others, don’t be surprised when God brings your dreams to pass.”
- ENJOY LIFE