After watching parts of the convention last night I’d like to share a few observations. Specifically the ways in which I observed church taking place.
- Gathering – There were several people that came and watched.
- Singing – Several styles with several voices.
- Dancing – People felt at liberty to express themselves.
- Corporate Reading – One example being the pledge of allegiance.
- Video – The use of video was used to enhance the entire experience.
- Testimony – Several speeches prior to Obama’s could fall in this category.
- Teaching/Vision Casting – This was done in the last address made by Obama.
- Celebration – Noticable throughout the night but ending with fireworks, confetti, and posters.
I’m not trying to make a point with any of the above statements. Just sharing some observations. What did you observe?