Tonight I’ll be sharing at Central College to a group of students in a pre-ministerial class. The plan is for me to share about my call and how one identifies their call.
My hope is to keep things simple but offer up some thoughts that are profoundly dangerous. Here are a few thoughts:
- There needs to be confidence in your call
- There needs to be even greater confidence in your understanding of God’s role in your call
- All are called – but not everyone is called to paid ministry
- Some need to recognize that their call is to be one of the best volunteers, supporters, or givers to a local church
- Choosing to go into ministry should not be based on ones inability to have any other ideas on what else they could do
- Identifying ones strengths will help pave the way towards understanding the call
I got other thoughts but you can chew on these for now.