Plowed through some books this week. This was a blast for me. I forget how much I enjoy reading. You can check out what I have been reading on the books page.
There are a lot of thoughts that were developed or learned in the past few days below are a few of them.
No More Crumbs
- I was shocked at how frequent the story of the prodigal is in the old testament.
- God talks about feasting often and I often don’t choose into it.
- Right leader – Right leader – Right leader
- You will never be ready at some point you have to pull the trigger
- The vision is not for sale
The Prodigal God
- God lives the extravagant life of giving
- The elder son was the audience of the parable
- Both sons were lost
Leading on Empty
- What is the 5% of my life that only I can do
- What fills me up and what drains my tank
- What would it look like to have one day a month to examine myself
- What I really found out is that I was empty prior to this week and I’m just now fueling back up
Mad Church Disease
- We must monitor our Physical, Mental, Social, and Spiritual life
- Lack of control, trying to be the best, and old school church politics are just a few of the external risks that are out there that can drain us and disappoint us.